Welcome to the Centre for Quality Assurance (CQA) of University of Jaffna. This Unit functions to enhance the quality education in all the study programs of the University. It was established in the year 2015 under the instruction of University Grants Commission and accelerate its activities under the direction of the Vice-Chancellor. The first Director of CQA was Prof.S.Srisatkunarajah, who developed the documents of Internal Quality Assurance Policy and Frame work and Academic Accountability
CQA executes the directions given by the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council (QAAC)of University Grants Commission and play a lead role by networking all the Centre for Quality Assurance [CQA] of the different faculties and units.
CQA creates awareness among staff (Academic and Academic support staff), students and the general public on the quality education system in Sri Lanka. It works very hard to implement all the study programs into Sri Lanka Qualifications Frame work( SLQF) _Book_2016.pdf ) – the revised version of 2015 with the support of the Deans and Heads of Departments.
CQA has monthly meetings in every Second Thursday of a month at 2.00 pm at the Board room of the University of Jaffna. Vice-Chancellor, Rector, all the Deans, Registrar, Bursar, Assistant Internal Audit, Directors of Centers, Director/CQA and Coordinators of Internal Quality Assurance Cells from Faculties & Units are the members of this meeting. This meeting facilitates all the members to get together and to discuss issues raised on Quality Assurance and draw decisions to ensure the quality education in all the faculties/units of this University. The monthly progress and the minutes of the IQAU monthly meeting will be reported to the respective Senate and Council. Further Quarterly Progress reports and the Annual report will be submitted to Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council of University Grants Commission.
In order to achieve the objectives, the major functions of the CQA will be to
- Facilitate the mission and objectives of the university for enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning and respond to global trends on quality education by preparing guidelines on QA for the University/Institution
- Guide and assist the program offering entities i.e. departments, faculties and institutes of the university to define program objectives, program outcomes and graduate profiles and support sustainable quality enhancement
- Develop standards and benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities of the university
- Organize workshops, seminars and appropriate training for capacity building and promoting QA culture at all levels of the university;
- Facilitating the creation of outcome-based education and student-centered learning throughout the university using technology for a participatory teaching and learning process
- Review existing procedures for further improvement of delivery of teaching and learning
- Provide support to the study program offering academic units to conduct the self-assessment, external peer review and implement QA process at program level
- Implement QA Reviews/Audit and follow-up actions
- Present a clear and comprehensive profile, based on self-review of its own programs, thus enabling continuous self-improvement
- Co-ordinate all QA related activities within the University/Institution and liaise with the UGC/QA Council and other external QA agencies
- Ensure academic regulations/By-Laws are in place, if not make recommendations for remedial action.
- Ensure faculties conduct and maintain quality assurance activities.
Prof. (Mrs.) M. Senthilnanthanan
Mobile: 077 714 6469
MR. S. K. Prapakaran
Mobile: 021 2219 139
Mrs. M. Rammiyaah
Miss. S. Lajitha
Management Assistant Trainee
Mr. G. Nirokesan
Period of Service: 2015-2016
Period of Service: 2016-2020